CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 1, 2008

Adding to the Family!

After work on Monday I went to a Dr apt. When I got there I was having some pain in my lower back, but I'd been having that for awhile. The Dr. examined me and said I was 4cm and then asked me if I was having a contraction. I was in a lot of pain so I guess I was. It made me nervous when he said, "You're in labor, and you're having this baby tonight." He sent me straight to the hospital, and Brigham met me there with my bag that I had thought to pack that morning before leaving for work. I checked in, and after laboring for awhile I finally got my epideral, which was a life-saver. The last hour with the epideral seemed like the easy part compared to the few hours before without one. It all went so fast! From the time of the dr apt til the time I gave birth it was a little under 6 hours. It's all a little bit of a blur because it went so fast, but I still remember how happy I was to see my baby for the first time placed on my belly!



Our family has a new member in it:



Well here she is! Isn't she adorable! We don't have her named yet, but we will soon. She's got such a sweet personality and a little whimper instead of a loud screaming cry...for now at least. She was born at 8:21pm, weighed in at 7.7lbs and 20 inches long. I weighed in at ...just joking, like I would tell everyone that!

7 comments:

Cody said...

She is adorable Beth. You look great!! Congrats!

Joyce Sowards said...

Sounds like everything went pretty smooth!! I'm so happy for you guys! Try to enjoy and remember this time.

Courtney said...

She is very cute! Much cuter than other newborns. I'm glad every thing went well. Can't wait to talk to you.

Jessica said...

I can't believe you had your baby!! I was not expecting to see a baby post when I checked your blog. She is so beautiful! Can't wait to see her.

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

She is so precious. You two made a beautiful baby.

Stefani said...

Congrats Beth! she is beautiful and you look great too! Good Luck!

Moma said...

I want everyone to know that Whitney was on my lap when Beth took this pic. I drove to Houston all by myself. It was worth it.