During my Junior year in high school, my family had a foreign exchange student from Japan come to live with us, Shiho. She shared my room and we pretty much did everything together. This last week end she came to visit me after not seeing each other for 10 years! She looked so different I hardly recognized her. She and her husband moved to Texas the same weekend that we moved out last summer and we've been planning to get together ever since. While she was here Shiho cooked us a huge meal of authentic Japanese food, we drove the Alpine loop, and visited Temple Square. We also managed to fit in eating out, chic flicks, and some shopping. Thanks for making the effort to come visit Shiho...it was lots of fun!!
11 years ago




5 comments:
That's so neat that you got to see her. I know my family's japanese exchange student still sends us christmas cards, but i'm pretty sure she still lives in japan. Glad you had fun with her!
I bet it was fun catching up.
Yum, I love Japanese food! My mouth is salivating.
That is so fun the Shiho came to visit. She looks so pretty and grown up. Glad she ended up in Texas the most American state ever!!
How fun! Sounds like you guys packed a lot of good stuff into her visit.
Post a Comment