CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Packing for Provo

Well we're finally here, overworked, sleep deprived and ready for some R&R. Also a full body massage would be nice. The move was pretty hard on everyone. It's like we moved twice because the first truck wasn't big enough! We need to have a garage sale!


Whitney and I drove the car and Brigham and Adam(Brigham's Brother) drove the big moving truck. The first night we drove all night and got to my parents' in Las Cruces NM at around 10 am. We slept while mom babysat. We ate dinner with the family and then went to bed to get up the next morning to drive the rest of the way. Whitney, Mom and I drove to Cedar City so I could drop Mom off to help out with Connie and Ben's new Baby Kate(Born 08-08-08 @ 08:08!) Then I drove to Provo area the next morning. Whitney did pretty good in the car. It's sad cause now she fusses when I strap her into her seat:( Brig and Adam drove straight to Provo and got there in about 17 hours. The moving truck only went about 30mph up the hills and mountain roads. We stayed with Jared(another one of Brig's brothers) for a few days till we found a place to live.

To the left is a picture of me on Jared's computer searching the web. We started house hunting right away. We found a cute little house in Springville(few miles south of Provo) and started to move in Thursday. We wanted to be moved in and get settled much earlier, but we had to find a house and then wait for them to finish some things. We wanted to get a house instead of an apartment or town home because we didn't want to live where a bunch of college kids were. Our neighborhood has been great so far. Great location too (i.e. Wal*Mart about 5 minutes away)!


A video tour of the whole house is coming soon. We are still getting things moved in and put away. It's still a little messy, but you can get the general idea!


7 comments:

Courtney said...

Sweet place! I love it, so glad you guys could find a place so quickly and move in and all. I already miss you, esp since we are going to Houston this weekend. :( You didn't say anything about your sweet new car :)

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

You guys have been really busy. I am impressed at how fast you have set up house. I can't wait to see your new place in October.

Jenny Ricks said...

I'm so excited that you live near us now! We just got back so once things settle down a bit we're going to have to hang out for sure!

Shannon said...

Ah Yayee, your here. Email me so week can do lunch, now that my kids are back in school (hooray). Glad you found a place.

JM Inc. said...

What prompted the move to Provo?? Anyway, I'm sure you'll enjoy Utah weather better than Texas!

Cody said...

I'm so excited for you guys. I'm sorry I missed you guys. It's always fun when you come to town. The house looks great. I'm just so stink'n happy for you.

Jessica said...

cute place, we miss you guys! I bet you love your view. . . the moutains are so pretty!