CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Blue Bonnet Festival

For the last three years we've gone to the Blue Bonnet Festival. It's basically just a craft fair held in a little town called Chappel Hill which is out side of Brenham, TX. After we walked up and down the street of the festival, got a corndog and took some pictures we decided it was time to leave. The real reason we went this year was to get some pictures in the Blue Bonnets. In the grassy fields around the town there are tons of Blue Bonnets. People pull off to the side of the highway to climb over fences into private fields and take pictures, smashing the flowers where they walk and sit. Even the first day of the festival it was hard for us to find a spot where the flowers weren't smashed to take a picture. Climbing the fence was the hardest part, but then again, hiking the field in flip flops wasn't easy either, but it was all part of the experience.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

How fun! I wish we had more blue bonnets here.

Jenny Ricks said...

Those flowers are so pretty! Looks like fun.

Janet Thwaits said...

Beautiful scenery, and pictures. What fun. I love craft fairs anyway and in such a pretty setting. You all look like you are doing great!! Love you, Aunt Jan

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

I must say I was a little jealous when I found out that you guys were going to go to the festival. Hopefully I will be able to go next year. The scenery looks so beautiful.

Amy Martin said...

Hey beth,
It's been awhile since I've looked at your blog. Whitney is so cute! I read all your posts. You are a great mother! I hope all is well. I'll keep in touch more.

Amy

Cody said...

Beautiful! You have the cutest pictures of sweet Whitney.