CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Locked Out

Saturday the Friendswood fire department drove the fire truck around with Santa and threw out candy to kids in neighborhoods. Well, I had never seen it, and so we went for a drive to find were it was and get some candy. We found the neighborhood, parked, got out and walked over to stand in front of a house. We had both just gotten up, I was still in my Pjs, hair-up and no make-up, Brig was dressed, but we both pretty much looked like we had just rolled out of bed(which we had). The Fire Truck came, threw some candy to the kids standing by us, we waved, they waved and it was over. So we started walking back to the car. When we got close, we realized that in all the excitement the keys got locked in the car, neither of us had our phones and I had left me keys at the apartment. Well, we weren't very far from home (only about a mile or two) so we decided we'd walk back. On our way we stopped at a gas station to get something to drink for our long walk ahead.(see pic) The walk took about an hour and a half. I felt really weird walking around pregnant in my Pjs, but after going through a few neighborhoods, through some swampy grass and under a fence, we were back home. I was ready for a nap.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Sounds like an interesting experience. I don't think it would have been too bad, but being pregnant and in pjs I think that makes it ten times worse! But at least you had the camera so you could blog about it! Oh yeah!! Went snowboarding yesterday and I hurt really bad today, it sucks. But it was still kind of fun. Hope you are still doing good!

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

You looked so charming. Now you are sure to remember the first time you saw Santa on a fire truck throwing candy. I Hope the candy was good:)

Courtney said...

Hey you should call me so we can hang out. What day is your baby shower again? Jan 12th??

Sam Sowards said...

From the I read your story it sounds like you didn't get any candy. That you just watched the kids grab it up from around you. I hope you bought some at the gas station. ;) jk love ya beth, I'll check this often to see how you're doing.

Jessica said...

That is such a funny story! I like the blog, keep up the posts.

Abe said...

I like how you told everyone that it was Brig's fault without actually saying it.